Documents available on Ipsum
The following documents (unless excluded for one of the reasons set out below) from the open part of the file are available for GB patent applications published after 1 January 2008 (i.e.
with a publication number of GB2439518 or greater):
- A & B specifications (including some published before 1 January 2008)
- Examination reports (both preliminary and substantive)
- Search reports
- PCT forms and documents provided to the IPO
- Correspondence sent by the IPO after 1 November 2010 or received by the IPO after 1 March 2011.
- The following will only be available if put on the file after 1 July 2011:
Post grant documents and related correspondence
2. Correspondence related to third party observations
Formal complaints and related correspondence which are case specific
4. Documents related to granted EP(UK) patents.
Documents excluded from Ipsum
- Documents which are not part of the open file (for example because a confidentiality request has been accepted or because the file has been destroyed as part of the IPO's )
- Information which cannot be put online for legal reasons (for example for data protection reasons some personal information will be redacted)
- Non patent literature (such as journals, books or articles which are available elsewhere)
- Letters relating to purely administrative matters, for example negotiating hearing dates
- Statements, evidence and correspondence relating to Inter Partes proceedings
- Assignment Documents and Licensing Agreements
A full copy of a published patent file is available by .